« Diane Sawyer Takes Up Comedy | Main | House Surrenders to Islamic Terrorists »

July 13, 2007

Libs Denounce Fred Thompson As Gay

Vociferously homosexual blogger Andrew Sullivan, aka Andrianna Sullington, has hit a new low by attempting to spread the rumor that Fred Thompson shares his perverse "orientation":

Outside the extremist, activist base, regular GOP voters turn out to be relatively tolerant when it comes to sexual minorities and private sex lives. They're not well represented by their party leaders, as far as policy is concerned. This is good news for Fred Thompson. The man has had a colorful and wide-ranging sex life, as I'm sure we will soon find out.

Wonkette interprets:

Translated: COUGH COUGH GAY COUGH COUGH FRED THOMPSON IS GAY GAY GAY COUGH COUGH
But that's not all.
Sullivan is not even close to the first person we've heard float this particular rumor, not that that says anything as to its truth.

Suburban Guerrilla clambers aboard:

Why are all his ex-girlfriends so eager to come to the defense of his manliness?
Why did James Dobson say he was "un-Christian"?
Why is Rush Limbaugh complaining about the coverage of Thompson as sex symbol, saying, "There's something wrong here"?
Lots and lots of rumors. I've heard them myself - I've even talked to someone who has witnessed some interesting behavior. I noticed when the Washington Post recently profiled him, several of the local commenters reacted along the lines of "I thought he was gay?"

As Ace of Spades graphically documents, Sullivan is in a very poor position to be spreading whispering campaigns about other people's sex lives. But what really confuses me is: why do liberals try to smear people by suggesting that they're gay? What are they, homophobes?

andrew-sullivan.jpg
Supposedly a conservative, Sully supported Hanoi John Kerry in 2004.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 13, 2007 06:37 AM

Comments

Its amazing - Liberals using GAY as an insult. Yet the homosexual groups say nothing?

Is G. offended? LOL!

Posted by: Anonymous at July 13, 2007 07:03 AM

Sorry, Fred Thompson just doesn't have the Gay look. Sully on the other hand nailed it!

Posted by: Earl at July 13, 2007 07:35 AM

That just sealed it - Van Helsing refers to me as perverse in his own article.

An innate difference in sexual orientation and Van Helsing refers to me as perverse. Doesn't even know me either.

Later.

Posted by: G. at July 13, 2007 07:40 AM

Hmm. The Bible calls it perversion.

Let me choose here...

Homosexual who says it isn't, or God who says it is.

Gee whiz... I gotta go with God on this one.

Posted by: Jimbo at July 13, 2007 07:49 AM

How many times now has "G" left?????

Posted by: metalgarth at July 13, 2007 08:08 AM

g: "And you people wonder why no self respecting gay person will EVER be a Republican."

nanc: "i don't. i wonder why any self respecting person would be gay, however."

Posted by: nanc at July 13, 2007 08:53 AM

You mean like the log cabin republicans.

I know you'll read this G. You can't stay away.

Posted by: Joshua at July 13, 2007 09:15 AM

When Ann Coulter made the remark that she thought John Edwards was GAY, there was an uproar on the Moonbat left.

Wanna bet there will be no such uproar from the lefties here even remotely like that of the Coulter remark? Provided its even mentioned at all on the lefty networks.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 13, 2007 10:08 AM

Uh, huh -- yeah, Fred Thompson's gay . . .

There are apparently a hell of a lot of great looking women, all of them speaking from personal experience, who would vehemently disagree with you there, Sully.

Oh, btw, what Rush was referring to when he spoke about Fred Thompson as a "sex symbol," and "there's something wrong here," etc., was the fact that Mr. Thompson, just an ordinary looking guy, kind of a loveable schlub, has females draped all over him; a regular "babe magnet." If Fred can score with this many beautiful women, maybe there's hope for the rest of us schlubs, is Rush's take. It's called "tongue-in-cheek," Sully -- you know (or, I guess you don't, do you?), a sense of humor?

Helps if you actually listen to his show once in a while, Sully, rather than take what others (with agendas) say about what he says; or rather than cherry-picking quotes completely out of context. Yeah, I know, but that's the liberal way of doing things -- if it don't fit the pre-conceptions, if it don't go along with the latest talking points, ignore it, or just lie, lie, lie.

Posted by: jc14 at July 13, 2007 10:15 AM

Self-respecting gay people? Definitely an oxymoron. I hear that homosexuality cuts 20 years off a man's life, if you can call it a life, that is.

Posted by: Farmer John at July 13, 2007 11:10 AM

Doesn't that mean that if Fred Thompson were gay, he'd probably already be dead?

Posted by: Farmer John at July 13, 2007 11:11 AM

Once again G. avoids the subject. Come on G., I've tried to draw you into the conversation a couple of times, stick to the subject instead of playing the victim!

Liberals love gays, but ONLY when they are politicly expedient.

Posted by: KHarn at July 13, 2007 11:24 AM

Gotta love it, for the kajillionth time: queers are always trying to bloviate about how perfectly natural their perversion is, and yet they never miss a chance use "gay" as a derogative on their critics. Priceless!

Posted by: Toa at July 13, 2007 11:26 AM

Nanc says: "nanc: "i don't. i wonder why any self respecting person would be gay, however."

Ya know - I'm not gay (far from it), but I do know a few gay people and as a cop worked around them all the time. I have to say your comment is simply out of line. I would wonder how a self-respecting person who claims to be a Christian could characterize others - irrespective of their orientation - like you do.

The Bible says - "hate the sin - love the sinner".

Posted by: Bruce at July 13, 2007 12:34 PM