« Carbon Cops | Main | Reverend Tori Spelling Performs Homosexual Marriage »

July 12, 2007

Betty Williams Still Wants to Kill the President

Remember last year, when Betty Williams, who won the Nobel Prize for her contributions to peace, told a group of children, "I would love to kill George Bush"? Her pacifistic bloodlust still hasn't abated. Last night at the International Women's Peace Conference in Dallas she earned herself a standing ovation by shrieking that she "could kill George Bush."

Dallas is probably not the best place to start yelling about how much you "would love to be able to" kill the President.

Now she apologizes:

I'm just really passionate about my work. Sometimes it's "open mouth, insert foot." I'll spend the rest of the day saying I'm sorry to everybody.

Uh huh. Stay tuned: this isn't the first time this saintly peace activist has expressed her desire to kill President Bush and it probably won't be the last, unless she gives up speaking at liberal conferences. Who can resist a sure-fire standing ovation?

Betty_Williams.jpg
Still wants to kill President Bush.

On a tip from Nanc.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 12, 2007 5:08 PM

Comments

Of course what she said was wrong and stupid and maybe even criminal - but she received numerous threatening e-mails and death threats - from Bush supporters.

Van baby - you aren't slanting your stories are you?

Posted by: G. at July 12, 2007 5:19 PM

Ah yes, that good old moral equivlence - moonbat peacenik threatening the President in public - repeatedly - is the same as said moonbat getting an e-mail from a nameless crank.

Once again showing logic is not your strong suit, there, G, old poof. Your troll - or even froll - powers are weak.

Posted by: Louis' Lues at July 12, 2007 5:47 PM

What do you mean "old" poof?

Posted by: G. at July 12, 2007 5:53 PM

you're an ass.

this is a conservative site - of course, we'll be as slanted towards conservative issues. duh.

Posted by: nanc at July 12, 2007 6:07 PM

nanc,

For a "christian" you use alot of dirty words.

Is this a new brand of Christianity? Christobscenity.

Posted by: G. at July 12, 2007 6:19 PM

How many conservative Nobel Peace Prize winners have expressed their desire to kill a sitting president?

G?

Has there ever even been a conservative Nobel Peace Prize winner? Didn't think so. The prize is reserved for moonbats and terrorists. ( I'm sure having AIDS is a big plus on scorecard. )

Posted by: You don't want to know at July 12, 2007 6:59 PM

You don't want to know,

Very good question. Why have there been no conservative nobel peace prize winners?

Maybe b/c most conservatives are not very bright which is why they are conservatives in the first place?

Besides - don't you have to have compassion and respect for your fellow man to win one of those?

Posted by: G. at July 12, 2007 7:10 PM

point out ONE dirty word i've used, g.

Posted by: nanc at July 12, 2007 7:13 PM

If I'm not mistaken, nanc said on a thread either today or yesterday that she's not religious. *I'm* not religious, a view shared by most other conservatives that I know. This myth that all right-wingers are Christian Crusaders is yet another libtard trap that has bitten you on the ankle, G. Give it a rest.

Posted by: skh.pcola at July 12, 2007 7:30 PM

Did conservatives fall for that "Presidential IQ" hoax like you did, Sweetcheeks? Didn't think so. Thanks for playing, dimwit.

Posted by: Crush Liberalism at July 13, 2007 2:45 AM

I'm religious. I'm also highly philosophical. In the words of Dydactylos, thigs just happen, what the hell. ;)

You have to loosen up, G, my old son. As some of my own posts around here will attest, being too uptight on the internet can be very stressful and can lead to "outbursts" and rash statements.

Now the interesting thing is, the nobel prizes for things like chemistry and physics, or anything else that requires a lot of hard work, have gone to those on both the left and the right. A large minority have gone to jews. I reckon that the physics prize is skewed slightly to the right simply because most lefties in science and engineering discplines tend to moderate and move to the right. In contrast, the peace prize and the literature prize both go to people on the left almost exclusively, because they're firmly entrenched in the 'humanities', which have always been a bastion of progressive thought (real or imagined).

It is not a good idea to start questioning the IQ of your political opponents. Never. It leads down dark paths that you, G, of all people should be afraid to tread.

Posted by: Archonix at July 13, 2007 4:59 AM

So she, a member of the IRA, is a "peace activist" and Nobel Peace Prize Winner... just like Arafat.

Posted by: DANEgerus at July 13, 2007 7:58 AM

Just a murderous lunatic ... well like most of the heroes on the left

Posted by: Bandit at July 13, 2007 8:35 AM

Theodore Roosevelt recived the Nobel Peace Prize for his settling the Russo-Japanese War. But that was a hundred years ago, long before the plague known as Liberalism.

Posted by: KHarn at July 13, 2007 11:48 AM

I'm not religious either. I'm an atheist. Went to Catholic school for eight years though. Glad I did too. The education there put me at about a public high school level. When I went to public school I couldn't believe how easy and dumbed down it was. As for being a conservative, I'm not a conservative, but I am a Right winger. I am on the Right because I believe in liberty and I believe that property rights are the only way to guarantee liberty. Without property rights there are no rights. I could never bring myself to vote for a Democrat, their party is defined by socialism and what's known in government as "empire building," the creation of empires inside the government and thus the constant growth of government and more and more taxes to pay for their empires, and is to my mind destructive of property rights and thus the destruction of human liberty and freedom. That is why I am a Right winger. Because I believe in human freedom and liberty and individualism and limited government.

Posted by: Kevin at July 13, 2007 1:49 PM

I have been here for the duration. There are much more many topics being dicussed other that this one comment, which has been addressed. Please understand, issues here in Dallas are being addressed by a wide range of individuals, both sides of the fence, and yes, we may not change the world, but we hope to shake it. safa40

Posted by: safa at July 13, 2007 10:14 PM

yes, safa, but this is the subject of this post. not to worry, the world will shake.

Posted by: nanc at July 14, 2007 5:14 AM