« Nahoul the Terrorist Bee Takes Over For Farfour | Main | Ron Paul Tries to Outflank Edwards and Kucinich on the Lunatic Fringe »

July 16, 2007

Ayaan Hirsi Ali Steps on a Cockroach

Ayaan Hirsi Ali escaped from Muslim oppression in Africa and the Middle East only to meet up with it again in the Netherlands, where she became a member of Parliament, but was then driven out of the country by dhimmis after incurring the wrath of Muslims for daring to criticize their barbaric cult. Her autobiographical Infidel comes highly recommended.

Hirsi Ali has shown not only tremendous courage in standing up to the Islamic thugs who murdered her friend Theo Van Gogh, but an incredibly strong stomach in being able to sit through an interview with the gut-wrenchingly vile Avi Lewis of Canada's taxpayer-financed CBC. The interview featured a relentless barrage of cartoonish anti-American propaganda from the insufferably condescending Lewis, who accused America of being a theocracy where abortion doctors are routinely shot, "homophobia is rampant," etc., etc.

When Hirsi Ali effortlessly shot down his hyperbolic allegations regarding America's oppression of Muslims by pointing out that if Muslims really were oppressed, they would leave, Lewis started to lose his composure, sneering nastily:

Your faith in American democracy is just eh eh delightful.

Her calm reply:

It's the best democracy in the world. It's the best place to be.

On CBC, this constitutes blasphemy. Lewis was becoming visibly unhinged as he sputtered:

Tell that to the people who believe there have been a couple of stolen elections. That the democracy is completely broken.

When she countered his allegations that the USA is a plutocracy by observing that you can arrive penniless in America and become fabulously wealthy, Lewis completely lost his composure:

The time had come for Hirsi Ali to stop pretending Lewis was mature enough to conduct a rational conversation, and to put him in his place:

I've lived in countries that had no democracy, that had no Founding Fathers […] so I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom.

That about sums up the mentality of the liberal media.

ayaan-hirsi-ali.jpg
Ayaan Hirsi Ali has something to clean off the bottom of her shoe.

Hat tip: Hot Air.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 16, 2007 6:53 AM

Comments

excellent post

Posted by: wiz at July 16, 2007 7:07 AM

Now that is one beautiful lady. Grace and poise and intelligence. I am in love.

Posted by: Kevin at July 16, 2007 7:14 AM

Aye, she's pretty nice, and she seems to be making quite a life for herself over there in the states.

Posted by: Archonix at July 16, 2007 7:50 AM

pists people off when someone is right about the u.s.

she is a most gracious lady.

Posted by: nanc at July 16, 2007 8:27 AM

p.s. van - thankx for the feature link!

Posted by: nanc at July 16, 2007 8:32 AM

Bill Maher actually seems relatively rational in his interview with Hirsi Ali compared to Avi Lewis - that's how unhinged this guy is.

Posted by: forest at July 16, 2007 8:36 AM

The card Lewis dropped was the joker without which he will always fold! This lady should be taken very, very seriously! God Bless her!
Ted

Posted by: Ted at July 16, 2007 9:06 AM

Where to start? Classic derangement from the "reality-based" community. He sneers at penniless immigrants becoming fabulously wealthy, as if that never happens? Perhaps he'd like to have a word with someone he doubtless admires, George Soros.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at July 16, 2007 9:08 AM

I like how he quickly jumped out of the interview after she reminded him that he has been living fat and happy in a free society. I guess he didn't like his hypocracy called to task.

Posted by: Joshua at July 16, 2007 9:42 AM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali also likes to be a woman. She rejects the assertion by thug-women that women must reject all feminine qualities. Ayaan likes to wear gowns and high-heels and makeup. I presume she rightly feels that acting in a feminine manner is not a sign of weakness.

Posted by: d at July 16, 2007 10:31 AM

What a woman. She put him in his place...scurrying back in the dark, dank corners of the leftard garbage bin. She's my new heroine.

Posted by: fellowes at July 16, 2007 10:59 AM

The comments at the link are chock-full of Canuckistanians and other unwashed filth who are cynics, liars, and generally anti-American. They had yet another opportunity to learn something from Ms. Hirsi, but they are too busy hatin' on the US to be bothered. Damned libtards.

Posted by: skh.pcola at July 16, 2007 11:22 AM

She has a nice smile, too!

Posted by: KHarn at July 16, 2007 2:40 PM

She remained calm, cool and collected during the entire interview while Lewis got all uppity and hot under the collar. She's a class act. Lewis could learn a thing or two from her, but he's too busy sticking his head up his own rear end to pay attention.

Joshua, I noticed too how the interview rapidly came to an end after she commented that he had the luxury of spitting on freedom because he knew nothing else. What could he say without looking like a bigger idiot than he already is?

Posted by: Pam at July 16, 2007 6:39 PM

She is a former muslim and now an atheist. How you can find any admiration for such an amoral being is beyond me. I'm sure Hitler had bad things to say about the liberals, but that doesn't mean you should admire him!

Posted by: Hart at July 16, 2007 7:40 PM

shut up, hart.

thank you ahead of time.

hitler loved liberals - how do you think he did so well in his quest?

Posted by: nanc at July 16, 2007 8:37 PM

Had I started out as a Muslim only to leave it, I'd be an atheist too.
That kind of deism leaves a real bad taste in one's mouth.

She might just need a cooling off period before jumping into the truth that Christ is. C.S. Lewis was an atheist initially too, but he turned out to be one of the greatest Christian authors who ever lived. She needs to be drawn to Christ and we can't do that for her. Time will tell.

Posted by: fellowes at July 16, 2007 9:45 PM

She is an atheist??? Sorry, but then I have to agree with Hart and Fellows: Let's wait and see if she embraces Christ before we give her any credit.

Trusting an atheist is never a good thing, next thing you know she will be supporting socialism or some other moonbat ideology.

Posted by: Seth at July 17, 2007 7:37 AM

"Is there a school where they teach you these American clichés? Is it part of your application process that you have to… I'm sorry… I'm so upset that I'm losing my cards here. I can't believe you just said that."

Who is writing his cards for him?

Posted by: James F McEnanly at July 17, 2007 8:04 PM

"Losing my guards", I heard him say meaning grip, control. Why didn't I see him handeling these cards?
Perhaps I have more eye for Miss. Ali.

Could we have a vote that this Lewis the IVth,
acutally said GUards not Cards? Given the fact
the Frence "en garde" better fits?

Posted by: paul at July 19, 2007 1:05 AM

WAIT A MINUTE. DID SHE SAY SHE WAS AN ATHIEST? NOT FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD. BESIDES, IF SHE IS IT DOES NEGATE THE TRUTH THAT SHE SPEAKS. PERHAPS A COUPLE OF LIBERALS - PAM - HAVE MADE CONTRIBUTIONS ON THE SLY.
AND, ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT CHRIST TO BELIEVE IN G-D AND LIVE A MORAL LIFE. DON'T FORGET CHRIST'S ROOTS. AND, NO, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN CHRIST BUT I DOUBT HE WOULD BE IN THE CORNER OF SOME OF THE BIGOTED TRASH I HAVE JUST READ ON THIS POST. COMPARING HER TO HITLER - WHAT AN OUTRAGE!

Posted by: Henry Brandon at July 20, 2007 2:40 PM

They have nothing better to do than repeat the tired old Bushitlerburton crap. Don't take it personal; I think a lot of them have these rants prepared and written for them and they're nothing but trained cybermonkeys who drop troll turds in comments.

I particularly enjoyed her response to that leftard. He sounds just like an American leftard; with only a few brain cells.

Posted by: Cao at July 21, 2007 8:26 PM

fellowes,

Shame on you. God gave you a brain to use, not to channel thoughtless bigotry through. Trust your initial judgement. Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been through some extremely traumatic episodes at the hands of Islam. Far less has driven very good people to proclaim themselves "athiest". Reading her writings on the subject makes me to believe that she has lost faith in religion more that in God.

The Avi Lewis interview showed Lewis to be the wingnut moonbat from a long line of wingnut moonbats that he is. It also showed Ayaan Hirsi Ali to be a woman of exceptional Grace (note the capital G). She may not recognize her former Prophet and she may recognize Christ but it is certain that Christ recognizes her.

The calm and serenity with which she speaks in the face of a visceral attack belies the "athiest" and has its heart in the Holy Spirit.

Posted by: Duwop at July 23, 2007 12:13 PM

Let me hang my head and submit a properly proofed version of my last.

fellowes,

Shame on you. God gave you a brain to use, not to channel thoughtless bigotry through. Trust your initial judgement. Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been through extremely traumatic episodes at the hands of Islam. Far less has driven very good people to proclaim themselves "atheist". Note the comment on CS Lewis above. Reading her writings on the subject leads me to believe that she has lost faith in religion more that in God.

The Avi Lewis interview showed Lewis to be the wingnut moonbat from a long line of wingnut moonbats that he is. It also showed Ayaan Hirsi Ali to be a woman of exceptional Grace (note the capital G). She may not recognize her former Prophet and she may recognize not Christ but it is certain that Christ recognizes her.

The calm and serenity with which she speaks in the face of a visceral attack belies the "atheist" and has its heart in the Holy Spirit.

Posted by: Duwop at July 23, 2007 12:20 PM