« Keith Olbermann Denounces Arrest of Fort Dix Terrorists | Main | Graduation Contingent on Watching Goracle's Propaganda »

May 9, 2007

Vegans' Baby Dies of Malnutrition

The moonbattery of liberal kooks is always good for a laugh — until the innocent get killed. Atlanta vegans Lamont Thomas and Jade Sanders attempted to impose their wacky ideology on their newborn son Crown Shakur by feeding him a diet of soy milk and apple juice. (Vegans consider it politically incorrect to consume animal products.) Unsurprisingly, the poor kid died of malnutrition at six weeks, weighing a pitiful 3.5 pounds.

Fortunately, the vegan lovebirds will pay a price for inflicting death by moonbattery on the helpless baby. They have been sentenced to life in prison for malice murder, felony murder, involuntary manslaughter, and cruelty to children.

Moonbats often kill their children by abortion, but this method was even more cruel, subjecting the baby to a prolonged agonizing death. Born in the family bathtub, Crown Shakur never knew anything but misery.

Thomas bleated in his own defense:

We're vegetarians; we are against animal cruelty, so why would I be cruel to my son? Why would I do something with his body? We are against animals being murdered; why would we be cruel to him and try to do something to his body?

But even moonbats know there is a difference between an animal and a human being. Imagine vegans starving an animal to death.

crown-shakur.jpg
Crown Shakur.

On a tip from Steve.

Posted by Van Helsing at May 9, 2007 6:36 PM

Comments

This child did not deserve the parents he got.

Posted by: James F McEnanly at May 9, 2007 7:51 PM

Serious question, not a snark: Do Vegan practices allow breast-feeding, or is that considered consumption of animal products?

Posted by: Uchuck the Tuchuck at May 9, 2007 8:40 PM

this is a travesty!

i'm glad you picked up on this, van - what a bunch of morons, especially in light of the most recent soy scandals - it is a filler = nothing more and is unfit for infant consumption. these parents should be shot. honestly, what are people thinking - and with what?

Posted by: nanc at May 9, 2007 8:44 PM

Hard to say, but Darwin had a point.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at May 9, 2007 9:50 PM

Well of course milking a woman of breastmilk, the NATURAL food of human infants would be an act of cruelty toward the mother. Am not sure how giving an infant its own mother's milk qualifies as cruelty, but then we know moonbats frequently confuse right from wrong and are reality-challenged.

I do wonder if an entire generation of people were harmed from all that damned formula our parents had pushed upon them from the 1950's and 60's, and that it's only a fluke that some of us escaped that dread brain damage known as moonbattery...

Posted by: fellowes at May 9, 2007 10:00 PM

I commented on this and another horrid story from down under. Two girls murdered a third, just to see what it was like.

Posted by: Steve at May 9, 2007 11:21 PM

Babies don't come with instructions - we humans are supposed to instinctively know how to take care of our own (with a little help from grandma).

The fact that these two are too stoopid to care for a baby simply floors me. A life sentence isn't long enough. Tack on 10 extra as punishment for naming the poor kid 'Crown'.

Posted by: Jimbo at May 10, 2007 4:40 AM

Soy milk is totally unsuitable for infants. There are soy based formulas the moron parents COULD have used.

But even soy is questionable due to (I hate to side with the eco twits on this one) the use of GMO soy and the fact that it is a difficult protein to digest. In which case either mom has to nurse the baby if she wants, or find a suitable alternative.

Goat milk is an outstanding replacement/supplement.

That sweet little darling...sacrificed by and for animals that neither know nor care.

Enlightened are they?

Sick. Totally sick.

Posted by: Cricket at May 10, 2007 4:43 AM

Charge (and hopefully convict) these dolts with murder in the first degree ("with malice aforethought"), no matter their idiotic excuses ("Gaia told me not to use animal products!"). Publicly televise their execution by slow starvation. Bury them in unmarked (and unmourned) graves; or better yet, cremate them and use their ashes to fertilize corn or wheat that will be used as feed for livestock.

Posted by: jc14 at May 10, 2007 6:43 AM

I wondered about the breast feeding aspect as well, but perhaps she was unable to. There are women who can't, for one reason or another. However, that does not absolve them from their responsibility here. If they were concerned about their beliefs, they could have asked their doctor about the soy alternatives Cricket mentions above. They obviously didn't bother to read any of the fine books on raising your baby that are available either.

Pathetic. Hope they enjoy their time in the pokey, where the vegan cuisine will not likely be up to their high standards.

Posted by: Pam at May 10, 2007 9:33 AM

"The fact that we named him Crown, we were proud of him."

What a frackin' retard. Does that mean that these folks:

were sooper-dooper proud of their baby?

Posted by: skh.pcola at May 10, 2007 9:39 AM

I am not a vegan (I like meat way too much!) but I know that it is possible for adults to live a healthy vegan lifestyle.

Since soy milk formula exists, it must be possible to feed children with this (although I am not sure why you would, given the known issues with it). Large industries would not be selling this stuff if infants eating it were dying from malnutrition.

My assumption here is that this had nothing to do with veganism, but was just a case of bad parenting. Just like other parents who mistreat, abandon or even kill their children. If they happen to be conservatives or republicans, I would hardly make the argument: "Hey, see how being conservative kills your children".

Posted by: gorp at May 10, 2007 10:47 AM

I have friends who are vegan and politically conservative. My sister is a member of Greenpeace and a meat eater. Go figger.

She has written a book on the environment and endangered species being used for medical purposes...

Family reunions are interesting, to say the least.

Posted by: Cricket at May 11, 2007 7:12 PM

Breast feeding your baby is a perfecty vegan thing to do.

The whole point to veganism is responsible consumption - or in other words, causing minimal harm to animals, HUMANS and the environment by making responsible purchase and life choices. Breast feeding does not in any way violate any of these concepts - and in my opinion (a vegan for the past 12 years) breast feeding and nurturing your own is part of the very definition of veganism.

Hundreds of babies are born and raised each year as vegans and are perfectly healthy, and at the same time, there are also hundreds of babies born to non - veggie parents who are abused.

This really is a case of bad parenting - not veganism.

Posted by: Veggie at May 16, 2007 4:58 PM

This incidence really bugged me/baffled me since I'm a new mother myself. I am not a vegan (I love my veggies, but I need a good BBQ, too!) and I do breastfeed, so here's what I found on http://vegan-info.com/faq.html#heading3question20.

Is breast-feeding vegan?
Yes. No animal is exploited, killed, or harmed during breast-feeding, and nature intends for all animals to consume their mother's milk. If breast-feeding is not possible or if weaning is necessary before age two years, a vegan baby formula should be used. After age two, fortified full-fat soy milk is fine. At that time, rice milk is okay as an occasional change, but it does not contain enough protein and fat to meet a toddler's requirements.

Posted by: NOLATiff at May 17, 2007 3:35 PM

I'm confused by this story. What infant ISN'T a vegan? Are there people out there handing the baby a steak as soon as he/she exits the womb? The articles I've read have said that the mother was breastfeeding, as well as giving the baby organic apple juice and soy milk. I drink soy milk (because I'm allergic to dairy, not for "animal cruelty" reasons) and most brands say RIGHT ON THE CARTON not to use as infant formula. So yes, the parents should definitely have known better, and even if they didn't, they should have realized that their son wasn't growing properly and taken him to the damn doctor. That being said, do I think they're guilty of murder? No. They're certainly guilty of being complete morons, and I'm not saying they should go unpunished, but not for one second do I believe that they intended to harm their child. I remember reading of a case where a father was on drugs and beat his five year old son to death. He was out of jail in 11 years. And these people, who admittedly aren't the smartest parents, deserve their sentence of life in prison? It doesn't make sense to me.

Posted by: Meg at May 19, 2007 1:39 PM