« Europeans Target Environmental Crimes | Main | Enviromorons Vandalize the Wrong Field »

April 25, 2007

Global Warming Hoax Driving Up Beer Prices in Germany

If this doesn't wake Germans up to the folly of global warming hysteria, nothing will: enviromoonbattery is driving up beer prices.

German brewers have had no choice but to raise their prices, because farmland once used to raise barley has been diverted to growing crops for politically correct if economically inefficient biofuels.

Beer prices matter in Germany even more than elsewhere. Last year 111.6 liters of beer was guzzled per German.

Manfred Weizbauer, head of the German millers' federation, notes that "Biofuels are monopolizing the land." He pleads with the German government to "be reasonable" — not likely, where environmental hysteria is concerned.

Biofuel foolishness is also driving up the price of bread in Germany by 10%. In our own hemisphere, the diversion of corn into ethanol instead of people's stomachs where it belongs has resulted in food riots in Mexico.

german-beer.jpg
If enviromoonbattery can threaten beer in Germany, nothing is safe.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 25, 2007 9:20 AM

Comments

I love blondes. Oh - I mean I love BEER. (Now, how did I get confused??)

Posted by: Jimbo at April 25, 2007 9:27 AM

Can that picture be made into a poster? For educational purposes only...of course.

Posted by: baldeagle390 at April 25, 2007 9:42 AM

Ok girls now just tip those giant beer mugs back a little farther... (especially the blond - nice set of ladies)

Posted by: Anonymous at April 25, 2007 9:49 AM

You definitely need to source that photo for us.

Posted by: Dave at April 25, 2007 9:56 AM

Dave, my apologies. The picture above is from here (page takes awhile to load). The original high-res picture is here.

Posted by: Van Helsing at April 25, 2007 10:26 AM

When the lefties outlaw this, it's definitely ON.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 25, 2007 10:47 AM

Yep. Quite a debate this story started. (There's a story, right?)

So y'all heard about the new Apple Ipod breast implants, right? It's cuz girls are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and never listening to them...

Posted by: Jimbo at April 25, 2007 10:50 AM

We should send this photo to Osama. It might get him to thinking...

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 25, 2007 11:30 AM

I'd be happy to give up a beer, for some milk instead. mmmmmmm.

Posted by: Doug at April 25, 2007 11:42 AM

This is the side of Germany we need to see more off, preferably the backside. Especially the one in the foreground, man oh man.

Posted by: sheentheman at April 25, 2007 11:43 AM

Usually I am the one who needs to drink the pitcher before the lady looks that good. (After two pitchers I get to date twins.)

Posted by: Paul Moore at April 25, 2007 1:41 PM

Oh to be young again, and in Germany, and sitting in that beer hall with those hotties, and, well, you get the idea.

Man, what a picture... forgot what the post was about.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at April 25, 2007 2:51 PM

Having resided in Germany for three years (back in the day), I will be genuinely terrified for the normal people on this planet if the Moonbats successfully screw with beer in Deutschland.

VH is right: if they can mess with beer, in that country, then nothin' and nobody is safe! Run for the hills, and take a few cases of Becks, Hofbrau Haus, St. Pauli Girl, Konigsbacher, et al., with you -- it's going to be a long, long hibernation!

Posted by: jc14 at April 25, 2007 6:54 PM

Just glad my Eight Ball Oatmeal stout is made here in the bad old USA (well, it used to be good). Beer is, after all, the 5th food group.

Posted by: fellowes at April 25, 2007 8:51 PM

All I know is, that the global warming deniers are nearly alway low-income and poorly educated people. They are gullible and resistant to change which explains the strong correlation with religion. These are exactly the folks who will feel the pain of global warming first. So enjoy :)

I believe that Humans are affecting the environment for the worst, but as a well compensated professional...I can afford to let the deniers drag their feet.

Just don't expect me to send donations when you get flooded out...or help fund FEMA or anything like that.

Posted by: FatSean at May 7, 2007 7:48 AM