« Carbon Offsets: The Modern Equivalent of Sumptuary Laws | Main | Moonbat Squatters Riot in Copenhagen »

March 4, 2007

Bill Maher Calls For Vice President's Death

There is a lot of competition for the title of World's Most Loathsome Moonbat — yet Bill Maher stays atop it with ease. His latest accomplishment: calling for Dick Cheney's death on TV.

ABC had the sense to fire Maher back in 2002 for insulting America while praising the 9/11 hijackers. Moving to the utterly shameless HBO, Maher teamed up with Ward "Little Eichmanns" Churchill in an attempt to browbeat Michael Faughnan into agreeing that terrorists had valid reasons to kill his brother at the World Trade Center on September 11. Maher later teamed up with Richard Belzer to denounce American troops as unfit for higher employment. He also ridiculed the death of Steve Irwin, and has subjected President Bush to every schoolyard insult his underdeveloped brain can devise.

It's not easy for this smirking insect to remain "provocative" when his disgusting behavior has been completely over the top for years. Yet he manages, most recently by defending the Huffington Post vermin who were noisily crestfallen at the failure of a terrorist attempt on Dick Cheney's life. Astoundingly, Maher himself called for the Vice President's death on his televised cesspool Real Time. Via NewsBusters:

Maher: What about the people who got onto the Huffington Post — and these weren't even the bloggers, these were just the comments section — who said they, they expressed regret that the attack on Dick Cheney failed. […]
Barney Frank: They said the bomb was wasted. (laughter and applause)
Maher: That's a funny joke. But, seriously, if this isn't China, shouldn't you be able to say that? Why did Arianna Huffington, my girlfriend, I love her, but why did she take that off right away? […] I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow. (applause) […] I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact.

The fact that the entertainment industry tolerates scum like Bill Maher is the ultimate indictment of its liberal mentality. Something needs to change.

billmaher.jpg
If anyone should be watching Maher's show, it's the Secret Service.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 4, 2007 11:53 AM

Comments

Something did have to change. It was me. I killed my T.V., gave back my dish, and quit reading the newspapers. The MSM finally disgusted me to the point where I refused to swallow the bile back down anymore. Now they can all rot for all I care. Thanks to blogs and Rush, I can keep up with the news and be reminded daily what a shit for brains Bill Maher and countless other's just like him really are.

P.S. Don't expect me to tear-up if someone permanently silences Maher some day.

Posted by: Arcticman Speaks! at March 4, 2007 12:33 PM

You can email HBO directly from their own web site in the comments section. Just pick a show (i.e. Bill Maher).
If every American who objected to Maher's comments would discontinue their HBO service, it would send a clear message; comments about the assination of a Vice President of the United States is not funny, even if you do claim to be a comedian (which he is not).

Posted by: retire05 at March 4, 2007 1:13 PM

I love the "Free Speech" debate, especially when it comes to those who defend it most vehemently - The Liberal Democrats. They perpetuate the fallacy that "Free Speech" allows people to say anything without responsibility, in this case, "responsibility" refers to the acceptance of consequences for your actions.

I can't help but wonder if Bill has a problem with someone calling Rep. Frank was a "pole-smoking, fudge-packing faggot" or John Ridley an "upstart nigger"?

Speaking of Ridley, why isn't anyone commenting on his declaration later on in the discussion? When Maher brings points out the name of Cheney's plane, "The Spirit of Strom Thurmond", Ridley declares: "I take back what I said, maybe, about wanting him (Cheney) to die. I'm sorry."

*NB* I declare the right to say what I wish concerning this subject based on my right to Free Speech. Any actions which prohibit or curtail my rights are done so in the name of Fascist Censorship. The exception, of course is if Moonbattery wishes to distance themselves from my comments.

Posted by: Savage Squirrel at March 4, 2007 1:17 PM

i think maher was right. far too many people have been killed in iraq - and nobody really cares. they had to die for a mistake of the bush admin. and cheney doesn't want to correct the mistake. he wants to double the bet = more unnecessary killings. iraq has a 9/11 death toll every week. the bush administration is responsible for this crisis, but it is unable to solve it. the death toll would shure decrease if cheney (and bush) couldn't continue with their plans for iraq. it's sad but it's true: one of the many ways to decrease the death toll in iraq would be a deceased vice president.

Posted by: tim at March 4, 2007 4:04 PM

you go bill,v.p.cheney should be put to death.

Posted by: sonny at March 4, 2007 5:27 PM

you go bill,v.p.cheney should be put to death.

Posted by: sonny at March 4, 2007 5:27 PM

you go bill,v.p.cheney should be put to death.
now they won;t post by thoughts. where are my rights?//

Posted by: sonny at March 4, 2007 5:31 PM

you go bill,v.p.cheney should be put to death.
now they won;t post by thoughts. where are my rights?//

Posted by: sonny at March 4, 2007 5:32 PM

Red alert: retarded homicidal troll infestation.

Posted by: Van Helsing at March 4, 2007 5:44 PM

Every day it seems, Bill Maher goes out of his way to show the world what a heartless, insensitive jackass he truly is. There are plenty of people on the left that I can't stand, but you're not going to hear me calling for their deaths, because regardless of how I feel about them, they're still human beings who have loved ones, something which Maher and the other venomous lib- freaks don't seem to want to consider. 'Real Time' is just another reason why I'm glad I don't get HBO in my house.

Posted by: Adam at March 4, 2007 7:39 PM

tim, you're making me rethink my disdain for eugenics.

Also, the key you're looking for is to lower left and lower right of your keyboard, and labeled "Shift." Have a chimp show you where it is.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at March 4, 2007 8:50 PM

Maher takes the easy, cheap shot, given his audience. I won't respect him until and unless he looks Barney Frank in the eye and says, "Thank God for AIDS, burning out the underbrush of society."

Then we'll find out how intrepid he actually is.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at March 4, 2007 9:09 PM

Timbecile:

You seem to be under the impression that the moonbat slander you read about the situation in Iraq is the truth, rather than rabid partisanship meant to demonize all things Bush and Republican. BDS isn't an argument, it's a mental disorder.

"Far too many people have been killed in Iraq?" Then why are there still terrorists in Iraq? What makes you think terrorists are people? Far too few islamopithecine brutes have been exterminated in Iraq.

Killing terrorist vermin is never a mistake, and your claim that Iraq has a weekly 911 death toll is too stupid to address directly.

The Bush administration is NOT responsible for terrorists planting bombs and murdering innocent people. The terrorists are. This is not a complex concept.

Vice President Cheney is not the President's secret puppet master. If he died, a replacement VP would be chosen--by Bush.

If you honestly believe the death toll in Iraq would decrease following a precipitous American retreat, you are a hopelessly retarded Timbecile.

Posted by: verist at March 4, 2007 10:13 PM

Two words Tim...

Saddam Hussein

Posted by: Freedom Now at March 5, 2007 12:12 AM

Why is it those on the left are always calling for the deaths of our own people and not for our enemies'?

They say things like this, that people would live if Cheney or Bush died, but they never say something a little more obvious, that if bin Laden died, people would live. It's never Kim Jong-il or Chavez, or any of the genocidal murderers responsible for Rwanda. Instead, they will, by default, want our side to lose, want our soldiers to die.

Could you imagine Bill Maher saying "If those 9/11 hijackers had been killed before 9/11, a lot of people would live. That's a fact."

Instead, he praises them as brave warriors, calls our side cowards, and says we'd be better off if our own leaders were dead.

Whose side he is on is no mystery. That our society not only allows, but glamorizes his kind is.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 5, 2007 12:29 PM

Fox put this story on their main page, CNN, of course, completely ignored it.

I think one of the problems we have in our country is that those on the left don't hear bad things about their side FROM their side. If they hear something bad about Clinton or Gore or Maher or the Dixie Chicks or Sean Penn, it will, almost invariably, come from the right, or from Fox News, or from some other source they don't like.

So their knee-jerk reaction is to ignore it or to excuse it. They feel a need to defend bad behavior simply because of who told them about it. Same thing if my wife tells me our daughter did something bad in school, I'd believe her. If I heard about it from another source, my first reaction is to defend my daughter.

I don't think CNN/MSNBC/Reuters/AP are irresponsible so much as calculated. By witholding that information they allow the information to get out through other outlets, thereby sealing the opinions of the viewers, who are usually biased against those other outlets. This gives the mainstream media the chance to air the information AFTER it's already public and usually in the form of a rebuttal.

You'll probably hear something on CNN about this eventually, but it won't be "news" but editorial, and slanted to the left.

My point is that I believe vast numbers of Democrats would have different views if:
1) they actually knew a lot of what those on the left say and do and believe, and
2) they heard about it firsthand from the mainstream media (not just Fox) and other sources they trusted, and
3) they heard about it in an unbiased manner.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 5, 2007 12:45 PM

This article underscores my point:

It starts out:
"When Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) spoke at Pasadena College last fall only one California newscast initially carried his remark that if young people aren't properly educated they could 'get stuck in Iraq.'"

Hope the link works, if not, copy and paste.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 5, 2007 1:12 PM

>>>I think one of the problems we have in our country is that those on the left don't hear bad things about their side FROM their side.

Liberals are not "alowed" to criticise their leaders. They can only hurl insults at anyone who is not EXACTLY like themselves.
Case in point: Hillery was recently criticised for not keeping to the party line 100%.
Also: Colin Powel was called "a house nigger" untill he spoke against the war.

Posted by: KHarn at March 5, 2007 3:17 PM

Man, I wish I were a liberal and could call for the death of my enemies with impunity. That or a communist. Same thing.

Instead I get lambasted if I offend someone by saying someone else is a faggot.

Posted by: Frederick at March 6, 2007 10:28 PM