« Nutroots Heartthrob Hackett Spews Venom | Main | Profiles in Countermoonbattery: Glenn Ford »

September 3, 2006

Miller Moonbattery

Remember the irritating Miller Beer commercial that ran last Christmas, with the house all lit up in gaudy flashing lights, prominently featuring a peace sign? Apparently that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Miller's moonbattery. This formerly American (now South African) brewing company spent $30,000 to sponsor the ongoing four-day rally against U.S. sovereignty on behalf of illegal immigrants in Chicago.

Next time, reach for Budweiser.

Miller_beer.gif
Genuinely daft.

Posted by Van Helsing at September 3, 2006 11:32 AM

Comments

Yea, Go budweiser...
even though I don't drink, but whatever =P

Posted by: Dave at September 3, 2006 5:45 PM

Budweiser, Proud sponsors of National Gay Pride Day!
......I also don't drink.

Posted by: Arcticman Speaks! at September 4, 2006 2:15 AM

well, if it comes down to it, should we support people who support gays? or support people who put up rally's to support immigrants that is making our nation less of a nation?

I'd say I'd support none, but that's me

Posted by: Dave at September 4, 2006 9:09 AM

Support your local micro-brewery instead.

Posted by: V the K at September 4, 2006 10:13 AM

The way this thread is going I'm afraid we'll learn that Coors is funding flight attendant school scholarships for gay Taliban jihadists to secure student visas.

Once Coors is out, what does that leave, Corona? Oh, that would be a legal import from Mexico and I bet Miller wouldn't like that.

Posted by: tfhr at September 4, 2006 11:44 AM

Theakston's Old Peculiar.

Posted by: Archonix at September 4, 2006 2:39 PM

I go for stout myself. That's real beer.
Most beer is insipid like the people who brew
it and the politics they espouse.

Posted by: Jael at September 4, 2006 9:13 PM

Archonix - if only it were available the world over.

Posted by: tfhr at September 5, 2006 9:58 AM

I thought you'd be interested in Miller's official position on this topic.

Miller Brewing Company has never supported illegal immigration and we have always supported the full enforcement of current U.S. laws.

Miller did not sponsor the Labor Day immigration march held in Chicago.

Going forward, Miller will closely review all requests for support from community and charitable organizations to ensure that we are not indirectly funding or associating our name with advocacy efforts on the immigration issue.

We plan to stick to the business of brewing, marketing and selling great beer.

Posted by: Miller Media at September 5, 2006 4:42 PM