« Stomach Test | Main | May Day Sponsor »

May 1, 2006

The Cornel West Show Hits the U.K.

Cornel West, regarded by some as the most absurd living human, but by others as "the superstar of black academia," has taken his burlesque act to the United Kingdom, where he has been chastising Brits for not fulfilling their quota of black friends. Opines Dr. West:

[I]f you ask white Britons how many of them have more than two black friends, the answer is not many.

Professor West did not explore the possibility that this has something to do with the fact that Britain is located in Europe. I wonder if David Duke ever traveled to Uganda to scold the natives for not hanging out with Caucasians.

By the way, West has another album coming out. The Artist Once Again Known As Prince will be participating. Evidently Princeton isn't as fussy as Harvard about how their academic "superstars" spend their time.

Hat tip: Wiggins

cornel_west.jpg
Cornel West: dim-witted racist fool, obnoxious clown, academic superstar.

Posted by Van Helsing at May 1, 2006 6:47 AM

Comments

Is Cornell West related to Kanye West? (Kanye West ranted and raved about Bush while a stunned Mike Myers looked on)

Insanity must be genetic in the West family.

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at May 1, 2006 11:39 AM

Good grief just what the world needs, Cornell West running amok.

Posted by: Wild Thing at May 1, 2006 12:27 PM

Jack, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Ask blacks how many white friends THEY have,K?

Posted by: mickey at May 1, 2006 1:55 PM

When did friendship become subject to the quota system???

And is it REALLY friendship if you buddy-up to someone just so you can check the box marked "Token black person #2"?

Before you all whack me with the intolerant stick, let me point out that I actually DO have more than two black friends, more than two Latino friends, more than two Hispanic friends (as in, two from Mexico AND two from Spain, hombres) more than two white friends and more than two Asian friends - but that I didn't make friends with ANY of them based on their race. They are my friends because they're good people and I enjoy talking with them and spending time around them. Not because of the color of their skin.

The very idea that someone "should" make friends with a person, or decide whether or not to be friends with a person, based on the color of their skin is both offensive and obnoxious.

Posted by: The Random Yak at May 1, 2006 4:00 PM

I have several black friends. Most of them are members of a church I attend now and then, and for whom I did a little IT work a few years ago. Two of them live in Zimbabwe, under constant threat of being murdered for not suporting Zanu PF. I Haven't heard from them for a while.

The rest of my friends are on the 'net, and I'm not sure what colour they are. I've never really thought it worthwhile asking. Perhaps I should, though, so I can send in the necessary forms to the Department of Friendships and Associations (Quota Assessment Division) for approval by his affroness.

Posted by: Archonix at May 1, 2006 7:38 PM