« Visit Auburn, the Crow Crap Capital | Main | What If Mother Moonbat Gave a Book Signing and No One Came? »
November 28, 2005
Profiles in Moonbattery: Ramsey Clark
The National Ledger offers an informative piece by Jim Kouri on the left's id, Ramsey Clark, who apparently still wants to join the attorneys working to save the unworthy neck of Saddam Hussein. This is hardly the first time Clark has sided with the bad guys.
Although his track record as a lawyer is unimpressive, this former Attorney General often manages to insert himself into cases that allow him to denounce America in front of large numbers of cameras. In Kouri's words, Clark is to the office of US Attorney General what Jimmy Carter has been to the Presidency: "a man without a clue who can't shut his mouth now that he's out of office."
Here are a few highlights of Clark's illustrious career in moonbattery:
- As AG, sided with rioters against police after the Watts riots.
- While opposing the death penalty presumably on the grounds that killing is wrong, defended infamous killers such as Sheik Omar El-Rahman and Leonard Peltier.
- Visited numerous countries including Iraq, North Vietnam, and Serbia on anti-American propaganda junkets.
- Flew to Iran in 1980 during the hostage crisis to participate in a "Crimes in America" symposium.
- Supported Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi after Reagan bombed Tripoli in response to Libya's state-sponsored terrorism.
- On a pro bono basis, defended the Achille Lauro hijackers who threw a man in a wheelchair into the ocean to die.
- Defended former Nazis against extradition.
- Defended perpetrators of genocide in Rwanda.
- Defended Lyndon Larouche when he got caught bilking supporters out of millions.
- Maintained close ties to the openly Stalinist Workers World Party.
- Founded the International Action Center, which is dedicated to undermining US policy and is linked to communist and socialist organizations worldwide.
- Rumored to have leaked classified information to North Vietnam and the Soviet Union.
- Denounced US officials as "international outlaws."
- After 1991 Gulf War that liberated Kuwait, initiated a tribunal that found George H.W. Bush, Colin Powell, and Norman Schwarzkopf guilty of war crimes.
- Wrote a book published by Thunder's Mouth Press that describes hearsay accounts of alleged crimes by US forces in the Gulf War.
Truly Clark deserves a lifetime achievement award for his long devotion to moonbattery. Perhaps his greatest contribution of all is that, as Kouri puts it:
Clark openly says what many liberals in America believe but can't say or they wouldn't be elected to office. Senator Dick Durbin's recent outburst on the floor of the US Senate — when he compared US soldiers to Nazis — is a perfect example. Durbin offered a tepid apology. Ramsey Clark apologizes to no one.
But please — let's not question anyone's patriotism.
Hat tip: Wiggins
Posted by Van Helsing at November 28, 2005 9:38 AM
Posted by: Oyster at November 28, 2005 1:19 PM
Wait, I though we right wingers wanted Democracy in Iraq. Now, we're opposing fair trials?
Hmmmm. I guess that explains why the US taxpayers are paying for UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE for ALL Iraqi citizens (guaranteed in the Constitution that Bush supported for Iraq) and why Iraqi's aren't allowed to own guns like we are (one per house).
Not really spreading democracy -- are we now, fellow Republicans?
Posted by: Ronald Reagan at November 28, 2005 1:45 PM
Great collection of info, VH. I was hoping someone would do this, when I saw Clark's ugly mug on the cover of the WaTimes this morning. Yet another vestige of the catastrophic Carter presidency.
RR -- universal healthcare in the Iraqi constitution? Yikes, first I'd heard of it. Did Hillary have a hand in this? If so, then they're already doomed.
Posted by: The MaryHunter at November 28, 2005 2:20 PM
Hey, Asshat, with my name:
Did you see anyone here asking to NOT give Hussein a fair trial? ANSWER SO ASSHAT CAN READ IT:
What the post does point out is that Ramsey Clarke is an Asshat just like you. A leftist that belives in outdated Marxist dogma.
So tell me, what's wrong with pointng out that Clarke and you are asshats?
ANSWER SO THAT ASSHAT CAN READ IT:
N - O - T - H - I - N - G
So next time, go fuck yourself first or join the circle jerk at Kos or DU.
And if you ever use my name again.....
Posted by: The Real Ronald Reagan at November 28, 2005 3:19 PM
Why is this even news? Ramsey Clark is Ramsey Clark, and short of being struck by a lighting bolt perhaps, he'll continue to do what he does. He brings to mind the child who repeats outrageously bad behavoir, simply because its outrageously bad.
PS if he(Ramsey) hates what this country stands for for dearly, perhaps he ought to refuse all Social Security & Medicare/caid benefits.
Posted by: ex-expat at November 28, 2005 3:43 PM