« Lessons Learned From the Northwest's Katrina | Main | Shrinking Market for Moonbattery »

October 21, 2005

The Quintessence of Bigotry

If you want to find pure, unadulterated bigotry at its most narrow-minded and obnoxious, there's only one place to look — among the sneering hypocrites who populate the liberal elite media establishment. Mark Morford is a case in point, as illustrated in a tirade he recently disgorged onto the welcoming pages of the San Francisco Chronicle.

The piece expresses displeasure with an Arkansas family — and by extension, with red-state Americans in general — for producing too many children. The blindness and fanaticism of the unreasoning hatred on display is appalling to behold.

Morford accuses the Duggar family, which admittedly got a little carried away by having 16 kids, of being "spotless, white, hyperreligious, interchangeable people with alarmingly bad hair." The proud father is ridiculed for being named Jim Bob, and for "hankerin' to be a Republican senator."

Interchangeable. To sages like Morford, people in fly-over country aren't even human. They don't have unique personalities. They are just bodies that breed. Morford doesn't approve of all this breeding, which he refers to as "a massive viral outbreak of homophobic neo-Christians."

Imagine if someone accused members of an ethnic group other than Caucasians of breeding too much and being "interchangeable." Imagine someone publicly sneering at the religiousness of anyone but Christians.

If this weren't in the Chronicle, I would think it was a tasteless parody:

Why does this sort of bizarre hyperbreeding only seem to afflict antiseptic megareligious families from the Midwest? In other words — assuming Michelle and Jim Bob and their brood of cookie-cutter Christian kidbots will never be allowed near a decent pair of designer jeans or a tolerable haircut from a recent decade, and assuming that they will all be tragically encoded with the values of the homophobic asexual Christian right — where are the forces that shall help neutralize their effect on culture?

There's that word "homophobic" again. Accusing people of not embracing the gay lifestyle is the ultimate insult among liberals. "Homophobic" is used to mean "bigoted." The hypocrisy a character like Morford calling other people bigots is almost too much to get your head around.

Not only are they all white-skinned Christians lacking individual identities, red-staters don't even wear designer jeans. Too someone with Morford's moral depth, that must constitute an unconscionable crime.

This utterly vile diatribe goes on to ridicule the parents' belief that each child is "a blessing from the Lord" — a correct point of view, no doubt, would be to see children as cancerous growths that must be exterminated before they have a chance to grow into "über-white future Wal-Mart shoppers." At the end, he seems to call for laws to prevent people from having too many of the hateful little things.

There are countless reasons why I have no use whatsoever for the liberal point of view. But Morford personifies reasons number one and two: the profound moral depravity and thoroughly abhorrent chauvinism that characterize the left's self-proclaimed elite.

Thanks to V the K for the tip.

Posted by Van Helsing at October 21, 2005 06:45 AM

Comments

Lets see if I can rewrite Mark's words a bit.

Why does this sort of bizarre hyperbreeding only seem to afflict swarming megareligious families from the India? In other words — assuming Michelle and Jim Bob Ghandi and their brood of cookie-cutter Hindu kidbots will never be allowed near a decent movie because of Bollywood or a good meal at Sbarro, and assuming that they will all be tragically encoded with the values of caste enforced Hinduism — where are the forces that shall help neutralize their effect on Indian culture?

Yes, Mark is a hateful mean spirited little person full of venomous bile and should be shunned. Why is this tolerated? Because he trashes Christianity in his screed and that is fashionable amongst the chattering class.

Posted by: Anna at October 21, 2005 07:10 AM

My opinion of the family was that they did have a few too many since we're well past the need to have huge families, and so I've criticised them elsewhere for that. But only for that, and only because that's what I believe. I won't resort to actually calling them names...

"assuming that they will all be tragically encoded with the values of the homophobic asexual Christian right"

The question needs to be asked: If they're asexual, how do they breed?

Posted by: Archonix at October 21, 2005 08:29 AM

As long as he stereotypes them he can marginalize them and by extension all Christians, red staters, etc....

Posted by: Elmers Brother at October 21, 2005 10:02 AM

Thank you for fighting the good fight!

Those silly liberals! They really think you can stop the Hammer? There’s no chance in hell! I have legions of Murka-loving, librul-hating supporters that will crush them bastards!

Once we topple the liberal media and exterminate the Democrats we will unleash the Glorious Christian Cultural Revolution...and then all libruls will all suffer the wrath of the Lord.

Are you with me?

Posted by: Tom DeLay at October 21, 2005 12:16 PM

Thank you for fighting the good fight!

Are you with me?

Posted by: Tom DeLay at October 21, 2005 12:18 PM

How can anybody with 16 kids be part of any group described as "asexual?"

Posted by: bp at October 21, 2005 12:27 PM

The real Tom DeLay would probably be smart enough to only submit his comment once.

Posted by: Van Helsing at October 21, 2005 12:35 PM

More Quintessence of Bigotry: Moonbat Professor: White People Must Be Exterminated

Prior to his call for genocide against white people, Kambon, who owns Blacknific[e]nt Books in Raleigh, told the panel that “we are at war.” He said that white people had set up an "international plantation" for blacks, which made “every white person on earth a plantation master.” He said that, “You’re either supporting white people in their process of death, or you're for African liberation.”

He stressed one point in particular. “White people want to kill us. I want you to understand that. They want to kill you,” he said. “They want to kill you because that is part of their plan.”

Kambon closed his remarks by urging participants and C-SPAN viewers to "get very serious and not be diverted from coming up with a solution to the problem, and the problem on the planet is white people."

Before teaching at NCSU, Kambon was a professor of education at St. Augustine's College in Raleigh, a historically black institution. He was given a Citizen's Award in 1999 by the Triangle’s left-wing newspaper, The Independent Weekly. Ironically, Kambon is also an opponent of the death penalty.

This guy reminds me of Eddie Murphy's old SNL character, Tyrone Green: " Kill the white people....ooohhhhh.....gonna make it hurt.....we gotta kill the white people,,...yeah yeah....but buy my record first". ...

Posted by: V the K at October 21, 2005 12:41 PM

Tried to access the Blacknificent web site and got an error message telling me the bandwidth limit had been exceeded. Wonder if there is a direct relation to that and this kerfuffle?

Posted by: ex-expat at October 21, 2005 01:04 PM

Goof grief, he's right! I want to kill every black person I see! There's one! *BLAM*

Oh. I just blew a hole in my coat.

Where the hell does this guy get his ideas from? An international conspiracy to kill all black people, and *everyone* is in on it? Turn it around and say that all black people want to kill whites and he'd be screaming racism. Man...

Posted by: Archonix at October 21, 2005 01:10 PM

More from Professor Kambon:

"And the one idea is, how we are going to exterminate white people because that in my estimation is the only conclusion I have come to. We have to exterminate white people off the face of the planet to solve this problem. *tepid applause* Now I don’t care whether you clap or not, but I’m saying to you that we need to solve this problem because they are going to kill us.

Posted by: V the K at October 21, 2005 01:40 PM

" but Michelle Duggar can pop out 16 kids and no one says, 'Oh my freaking God, stop it, stop it now, you thoughtless, selfish, baby-drunk people.'"

Uh, Mark, 'It's her body.', and she has 'the freedom to choose.'.

Sound familiar?

Posted by: Bobbert at October 21, 2005 01:47 PM

The most revealing part of this bigoted rant is the ridiculing of the Duggar family for lacking "decent haircuts" and "designer jeans".

If that doesn't say it all about the self-absorbed, greedy, materialistic Left! I know them well; there are many such people in the Bay Area. Green Party posters proudly displayed in the windows of $2 million houses in Burlingame (an exclusive suburb in Silicon Valley). Air America bumperstickers on the fenders of shiny new Porsches.

Their politics are not heartfelt; they are simply another hip fashion accessory. If it was suddenly hip and cool to be a neo-Nazi, they'd all be neo-Nazis.

It would never occur to this Morford person that his sneering at the Duggar family's lack of expensive and hip fashion acoutrements is laughably incongrous with his typical lefty claims of being on the side of the poor and oppressed. This type of person just doesn't think that way.

Posted by: Irene Adler at October 21, 2005 02:01 PM

That type of person doesn't think.......period.

Posted by: ex-expat at October 21, 2005 02:22 PM

Oh Dear Lord!
I just realized I have no adequate response, but I'd already hit the post button and being a typical homophobic racist white male, I couldn't admit defeat.
How hateful is that article?
I'm sorry, but I can't state my opinion any more eloquently than the previous posters.
Well said Bobbert!

Posted by: Brian the sailor at October 21, 2005 06:55 PM

Hey, Van! I notified the good folks at Experian, who seem to be the employer of "Mr. DeLay" the Stutterer above, that they have an employee who's spending more time surfing political sites than working. Basically, I asked them if "Tom's" views were representative of Experian, since one could easily come to that conclusion.

Maybe a pink slip will be easier than an indictment, though! :)

Posted by: Jonathan at October 21, 2005 10:13 PM

EGAD! Has anybody read the whole article? Anybody out there ever heard of Jim Goad? It reads like his stuff. At least Ol' Jim never pretended to be a liberal.

Posted by: phil at October 22, 2005 08:46 AM

PS: I forgot to add: Benjamin Franklin was one of 17 children.

Posted by: phil at October 22, 2005 08:47 AM

The Aardvark and I have five children, and no two of them are the same. We would have had more, thanks to our healthy non-asexualness (is that a word?) but we can't. They can have the ones that we couldn't. Someone should.
Quite frankly, I'm tired of gayness being shoved on us. Normal, well-adjusted and mentally healthy people do not identify themselves by their sexual 'preference'.
*We* do not wear designer jeans because the style of jeans has gotten increasingly ridiculous over the years, and we choose not to look like over-sexed 'mos...

Posted by: aardvarkswife at October 22, 2005 10:34 PM

Good old chippies for me. They're the only jeans I can afford that do a proper 33 and a half inch waist.

Posted by: Archonix at October 23, 2005 12:55 PM

The part about the designer jeans is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

Posted by: Jack T at October 27, 2005 02:45 PM